Roby Abeles – Brainspotting and Addictions with the Crocodile Set Up | Instant Download !
PLEASE CHECK ALL CONTENTS HERE:
The Origin of the Set Up
Dr. Roby Abeles developed what has become known as “The Crocodile Set Up” for addiction relapse cessation in 2015 and first presented it at the 1st International Brainspotting Conference in Brazil in March 2016. Since then, she has taught it all over the world. It is Trademark and Copyright protected world-wide.
The feedback from therapists and clients world-wide has been nothing short of phenomenal.
Roby Abeles has been a trauma and addiction therapist for over 33 years, having begun her addiction treatment training at The Betty Ford Center in California, USA in 1989. Her clients come from all over Australia and overseas.
Roby began using Brainspotting in 2004, after participating in the second BSP training David Grand ever presented in the United States.
She attended this training after having a BSP session with David in September that year, at an International EMDR Conference in Montreal, Canada, and being astonished about how completely it resolved the issue she had chosen to work on.
Five years later, in December, 2009, Roby brought David Grand to teach the very first BSP Phases 1 & 2 in Sydney to a small group of enthused Australian EMDR therapists. It was at this time that David introduced Roby to Salene Souza, which has resulted in a wonderful professional partnership and personal friendship.
Roby Abeles’ is an accomplished:
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP)
- EMDR Approved Consultant
- Clinical member of PACFA
- PACFA Approved Supervisor
- California licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Dr. Abeles developed a very simple way to use Brainspotting Therapy to support those who have addictions to stop relapsing. She called it the Brainspotting “Crocodile Set Up” because of the use the metaphor of a Crocodile for the Addiction Process.
Who this training is for:
Brainspotting professionals who have completed a minimum of an in-person or live online Phase One Brainspotting training.
It is assumed attendees work in the field of Addiction Recovery and have basic or greater knowledge of the addiction field, and experience with clients who have addiction issues.
It is assumed you are trauma informed in your work and preferably have specific training in trauma therapies.
The BSP & ADDICTIONS training with the Crocodile Set Up will introduce participants to the enormously successful “BSP Crocodile set up” (a Double Spot + Single Expansion Spot) to help their addicted clients stop urges & cravings quickly, through brain changes, and then imagine their future free of the addiction. This gives the addict a big advantage in achieving sobriety.
The training will also introduce:
- Experts views on definition of Addiction
- Addiction as Emotional Regulation
- Addiction & ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) connections
- Addiction as attempt at Secure Attachment
- Addiction as Disorganized Attachment
- Reasons for teaching resources before using Crocodile set Up
- Which Phase of Treatment to Use Crocodile Set Up
- Neuroscience of addiction and neuroscience driving addiction relapse
- Benefit of Narrative therapy
This course includes a demonstration of the “Crocodile Set Up” with participants encouraged to practice the set up with someone who is trained in the set up.
After this training, participants will be able to:
1. Name and explain why areas in the brain of the addict are disconnected
2. Understand the value of metaphor, story-telling, and the narrative therapy technique of ‘externalizing the problem’, in addiction recovery
3. Use a well-developed metaphor – ‘The Crocodile’, to externalize their client’s addiction and allow a good trusting alliance/connection with therapist
4. The role of continuous narrative in recovery
5. Use Brainspotting in “The Crocodile Set Up” to help addict prevent relapse and move forward into resolution of traumas and other issues which drive the addiction