Yoga & Mindfulness Clinical Interventions and Demonstrations
Grab your yoga pants and get ready for experiential learning in our online course: Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions and Demonstrations. This course is an interactive tool for learning how the powerful strategies of Yoga & Mindfulness can help soothe the bodies and quiet the minds of your clients.
Yoga and Mindfulness therapies generate health and happiness by incorporating principles of neuroscience, neuroplasticity, bi-directional body/mind communication and innate basic goodness. The practices featured in this course help release trauma imprints, calm worried minds, soothe painful emotions, and replace harmful thoughts.
Through over 11 hours of video content from two of today’s leading yoga and mindfulness experts, Mary NurrieStearns, MSW, LCSW, RYT, and Barbara Neiman, OTR, you’ll learn practical, easy to implement strategies and techniques that you can immediately apply in your practice to help your clients struggling with trauma, anxiety, depression, and more.
Here are just a few of the transformational practices covered in the Yoga & Mindfulness: Clinical Interventions and Demonstrations online video series:
- Understand yoga as a clinical intervention to help treat the symptoms of anxiety and depression, promote healing, and improve mental health.
- Learn how to implement therapeutic interventions to rewire the brain and enhance the mental health of your clients.
- Explore breathing practices to help soothe anxiety and boost the mood of your clients.
- Discover yoga techniques you can quickly and safely apply to your practice (for all skill levels) during interactive sessions with leading yoga and mindfulness experts
In this comprehensive online training, Mary NurrieStearns, MSW, LCSW, RYT, will guide you step-by-step through six modules of in-depth training, all designed to help you effectively integrate Yoga and Mindfulness tools and strategies into your practice.
An expert presenter, Mary’s teaching is light-hearted and relevant to your work. Infused with practical, clinical examples and practices that you can easily implement into your own practice, this seminar focuses on how to utilize yoga and mindfulness as clinical resources in your day-to-day work.
Enroll today to learn how to help your clients rewire their thinking brain, live in the present moment and be more comfortable in their body through these powerful approaches. You’ll explore why yoga & mindfulness are so successful and growing in popularity even compared to prescription drugs. Join Mary to learn how to:
- Use yoga and mindfulness to help treat the symptoms anxiety and depression, promote healing and improve mental health
- Develop specific yoga practices and sequences to relieve the symptoms your client’s anxiety and depression
- Teach your clients to stabilize their breath and boost their mood
- Implement strategies that rewire the thinking brain
- Discover tools for healing shame and promoting posttraumatic growth
Use simple, yet powerful, yoga techniques as clinical interventions for anxiety, trauma and more. Learn easy methods for teaching your clients through step-by-step demonstrations of each technique. Mary will guide you through:
- Understanding yoga as an clinical intervention
- Reducing your client’s symptoms of anxiety with breathing interventions
- Reducing your client’s panic and dissociation with a simple body scan
- Healing your client’s symptoms of complex trauma through mantras
- Soothing your client’s body with a comfort pass
Get your yoga gear on and follow along during this hour-long chakra-based yoga practice. This session is designed for learning how to help your clients heal, both mentally and physically, from the aftermath of emotional trauma. You’ll join Mary NurrieStearns for an experiential session where you’ll learn how to implement the following practices with your clients:
- “I am safe”
- “I am alive”
- “I choose”
- “I feel”
- “I express”
- “I know”
- “I am”
This one hour interactive yoga session begins with an educational introduction and then moves into a guided practice. You’ll follow along with four practitioners who demonstrate modifications that you can customize for your client’s skill level. Carefully instructed, this video teaches you how focusing on breathing, witnessing thoughts, being aware of the present moment, enjoying simple movement, and using your imagination promote your clients journey to healing.
Do you work with children and adolescents with autism, anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, and special needs? This two hour workshop demonstrates how to use breathing, yoga poses, hand placements, short meditations and guided imagery with your pediatric clients.