Section 504 in New Jersey: An Updated Guide to Identifying & Planning for Students with Disabilities in the Schools – John B. Comegno II
- Section 504 and how it applies to YOUR school
- Required documentation
- Compliance with federal law and regulation regarding physical and mental impairments
- Integral difference between 504 Plans and IEPs
- Proper and legal accommodation of students with difficulty
- Vital information to protect your school district
If you watch only one seminar recording this year, it has to be Section 504.
You will gain new insight to regulations, laws and issues that significantly affect your public and private school compliance. Join school law expert John B. Comegno II as he draws from his 15 years of experience representing public school districts, to provide the essential information and practical guidance and explain what it means to your school.
Questions that will be answered include:
- How have the ADA Amendments and new federal regulations changed the eligibility criteria under Section 504? What is the school district’s obligation to identify and evaluate students? Are you under or over identifying?
- Why a health plan can’t substitute for a 504 plan?
- What are the new rules regarding service animals?
- What are the “Child Find” obligations under Section 504? How do they compare with those under IDEA?
- How are discipline and behavioral issues handled with a student eligible under Section 504, as compared/contrasted with a student eligible under IDEA?
- Manifestation determinations under 504
- Illustrate what Section 504 is and to which students it applies.
- Determine how to use Section 504 to accommodate student disability in a less restrictive setting.
- Compare Section 504 to IDEA & ADA .
- Explain child find obligations under Section 504.
- Discuss the various procedural requirements under Section 504 and how they compare with IDEA.
- Determine when and how to appropriately accommodate behavioral issues.
- Discuss case law under Section 504 and its implications.
- What is Section 504?
- Different than IDEA?
- How? Why?
- Practical Issues
- Eligibility Criteria
- Less is More
- “Litigation” Eligibility Criteria?
- Employee Accommodations
- Private or Independent Schools?
- Understanding What the Criteria is and Means
Public School Practical Tools
- Staffing the 504 Committee the Right Way
- Parental Consent
- Evaluation or “Assessment”
- Information Sources
- Mitigation Measures
Case Law Review
Section 504 vs. IDEA
- Compare and Contrast
- Policy Basics
Comegno Combat Rules
- Staying Safe
Student Records and Ethics
- Access to Plans?
- Who? How? When? Why?
- Ethical Considerations
- Question and Answer
Tag: Section 504 in New Jersey: An Updated Guide to Identifying & Planning for Students with Disabilities in the Schools – John B. Comegno II Review. Section 504 in New Jersey: An Updated Guide to Identifying & Planning for Students with Disabilities in the Schools – John B. Comegno II download. Section 504 in New Jersey: An Updated Guide to Identifying & Planning for Students with Disabilities in the Schools – John B. Comegno II discount.