Play Therapy: Attachment-Based Treatment Interventions for Trauma, Anxiety, OCD and More! – Tammi Van Hollander
Play Therapy is an incredible communication tool for children when they are unable to verbally express themselves. Through play, children are allowed to:
- Become aware of and express their feelings
- Manage anger
- Improve self-control
- Reduce fear, anxiety and depression
You will leave with a toolbox filled with ready to use Play Therapy techniques that you will immediately implement in your work with children and can also be adapted for clients of all ages.
In this recording, you will learn how to interpret the way in which children play, the importance of what they play with, what they create and the significance of patterns in their play. You will learn to “listen” to what they are telling you. Play Therapy expert, Lucy Barbera, Ph.D., will show you how to effectively use sand trays, coloring exercises, puppets, dance/movement, “I Spy”, Gift Boxes and so many other powerful techniques. Much of this conference will include active learning and hands-on participation. So get ready to learn and have fun!
- Assess anxiety symptoms through play therapy techniques to better inform treatment outcomes.
- Consider the ethical implications and clinical limitations of using play therapy in clinical practice.
- Incorporate attachment-based play activities into your practice to improve client engagement in treatment.
- Determine the neurobiological implications of using play therapy among clients with various diagnoses.
- Develop a plan for introducing play therapy into clinical practice for treatment resistant and challenging children and families.
- Characterize how play therapy can reframe trauma experiences, increase self-regulation and connect to a mind-body awareness.
Play Therapy – How to Use it!
Specific Techniques and Novel Approaches
- Assessment and diagnostic
- Techniques to use early on in treatment
- An ongoing process
- Therapeutic benefits
- Emotions and behavior
- Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Communication – learn to listen to your client
- Language, play and drawing development
Disorders and Client Situations
- Depression and self-esteem issues
- Groups and families
Play Therapy Techniques
- Non-Directive Techniques:
- Sand tray work
- Play dough
- Finger painting
- Directive Techniques:
- I Spy
- Story Telling
- Sentence Completions
- Doll house
- Gift boxes
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What animal am I?
- Role Playing
- Maps – where in the world do you want to be?
- Dance and movement
- Board games
- Emotions – Feelings and faces
- Bam Bam dolls
Areas of Caution
- Wet and dry
- Selecting the right mediums
- The Limbic System
- Importance of collaboration
- Children who have been abused
- Sexualized and acting out behaviors
- Importance of self-care
Tag: Play Therapy: Attachment-Based Treatment Interventions for Trauma, Anxiety, OCD and More! – Tammi Van Hollander Review. Play Therapy: Attachment-Based Treatment Interventions for Trauma, Anxiety, OCD and More! – Tammi Van Hollander download. Play Therapy: Attachment-Based Treatment Interventions for Trauma, Anxiety, OCD and More! – Tammi Van Hollander discount.