Paul Chek – Scientific Shoulder Training
Scientific Shoulder Training
Presented by Paul Chek with CHEK Faculty Suzi Nevell
Course is completed 100% online
Manual, 18 Streaming videos (6 hours 33 mins) and test
Online Testing Available
CECs and CEUs: CHEK Institute 15.0, ACE 1.6, ACSM 16.0, NASM 1.6, NSCA 1.3, ISSA 16.0, Cooper Institute 16.0, BCPRA 16.0, Canfitpro 4 PTS, others pending.
Please note: CEC approval from Fitness Australia is pending. You must have a Certificate IV in Fitness or equivalent to attain Fitness Australia CECs.
This comprehensive and informative correspondence course takes you on a trip through the functional anatomy of the shoulder and shows you how you can develop preventative, performance and corrective exercise programs better than ever before. Developed by Paul Chek, this course is based upon the tried and tested methods he has used over 28+ years of successfully working with clients who presented with all types of shoulder pain and injury.
Guided by Paul Chek and physical therapist, Suzi Nevell, you will gain a deep understanding of the interactive anatomy of the shoulder that will enable you to develop functional shoulder exercise programs that improve performance and decrease the risk of injury and chronic shoulder problems. Using the Chek Success Formula you will learn how to assess the shoulder complex, select the best exercises for each individual client and design programs for all phases of conditioning. Instruction of correct techniques for common shoulder conditioning exercises is covered in depth, plus corrective exercises, mobilizations and explosive training to enhance your exercise programs for all levels of patients, clients and athletes.
This course provides an in-depth, multifaceted approach to optimal shoulder conditioning and the integrated function of the shoulder with the rest of the body. Whether you are a strength coach, personal trainer, physical therapist or any health and fitness professional interested in the upper quarter, this correspondence course is a must-have addition for your professional development.
In this course you will learn:
- How the functional anatomy of the upper quarter – shoulder, arm, neck and trunk – interacts.
- The biomechanical intricacies of stabilization of the shoulder joint.
- How proper sequencing of movement development as an infant is critical to optimal function of the shoulder joint in adulthood.
- The success formula for conditioning the shoulder/arm complex.
- Seventeen assessments for posture and shoulder function
- Thirteen length-tension assessments
- Seven comparative range of motion assessments for the shoulder joint
- The importance of a functional thoracic spine to optimal shoulder health.
- Correct techniques for resistance training to prevent and reduce the risk of injury to the shoulder complex when lifting weights.
- Modifications of common exercises to use when working with an injured shoulder.
- Program design strategies and exercise selection for conditioning the shoulder through all phases of conditioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the grade required to pass?
The passing grade for all correspondence courses is 80%. A Certificate of Completion with CECs and CEUs will be sent once you have successfully passed the test.
How long will it take to complete?
CHEK Institute recommendation – 15 hours
This is dependent on the person taking the course and the reasons they are taking it. Some people only needing Continuing Education Credits will watch the videos once through and successfully pass the test. Other people who are more interested in learning the information will sometimes watch the DVDs 2-3 times through. Given that there are over 6.5 hours of video in this course, it will take at least this long to complete. All this being said, we recommend that people spend 15 hours studying the course materials before taking the test.