The Patient with Multi-System Failure – Dr. Paul Langlois
The patient admitted with Multi-System Failure requires an “all hands on deck” approach. In this session, Dr. Langlois answers the critical questions:
- What Do We Do First?
- Which IV Fluids & How Much?
- Which Antibiotic & Why or Why Not?
- What are the First Vasopressors to Consider?
- What Complications are the Most Concerning?
- Identify and treat patients with multi-system failures
- Recognize which patients are at risk for developing chronic kidney disease (CKD) and acute renal failure (ARF)
- Multi-System Organ Failure
- Initial Approach
- MODs Scoring
- Calculating Tidal Volume
- Respiratory Rate
- Positive End-Expiratory Pressure
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Adjunctive Strategies
- Pharmalogical Interventions
- Fluids, Vasopressors, and Blood Products
- Vasoactive Agents
- Managing DIC
- Cardiovascular Support
- Hemodynamics of the IABP
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Prevalence of AKI
- Methods to Assess AKI
- Initial Antimicrobial Therapy
- Gastrointestinal and Endocrine
- Glucose Control
Tag: The Patient with Multi-System Failure – Dr. Paul Langlois Review. The Patient with Multi-System Failure – Dr. Paul Langlois download. The Patient with Multi-System Failure – Dr. Paul Langlois discount.