Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS): A Revolutionary & Transformative Treatment of PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Substance Abuse – and More! – Richard C. Schwartz
- Learn the Internal Family skill-set from the Pioneering Therapist
- Take away the methods of IFS to help individuals, couples and families
- Teach clients a new way to identify with their “self”, maximize their internal “leadership” qualities and gain control over traumatic experiences
Dr. Schwartz’s presentation will provide a foundation in the Internal Family Systems (IFS) method and its use with attachment and trauma. IFS and its clinical applications will be demonstrated through a lively combination of lecture and discussion.
Developed over the past two decades, the IFS model is one of the fastest growing approaches to psychotherapy today. IFS offers both a conceptual umbrella under which a variety of practices and different approaches can be grounded and guided, and a set of original techniques for creating safety and fostering self-to-self connection in couples and families. Take home skills and tools that you can use in your practice and improve client outcomes.
Get Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS): A Revolutionary & Transformative Treatment of PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Substance Abuse – and More! of author Richard C. Schwartz
- Explain the IFS Model and ways to integrate IFS into your clinical practice.
- Identify, specify and clarify the protective parts of clients with trauma histories to help with assessment and treatment planning.
- Summarize an alternate view of symptoms and psychopathology, showing how client’s parts are trying to protect them from emotional and psychological pain.
- Demonstrate IFS-specific grounding techniques for healing, anxiety, substance abuse and trauma.
Multiplicity & the Self
- Evolution of the IFS approach
- Multiplicity of the mind
- Stumbling on to the self
Internal Family System (IFS) with Trauma
- Protector parts and exiles
- IFS technique:
- Honoring protectors
- Dealing with the overwhelm
- Witness and retrieve exiles
- Unburden trauma memories, beliefs and emotions
Parts and Self of the Therapist
Keys to Work Safely with Trauma Clients