Influenza 2018: Nursing Strategies to Save Patient Lives – William Barry Inman
We are experiencing one of the worst flu seasons in recent years. All age groups have been hit hard. The reported child deaths are staggering. And heart breaking. At this point in the flu season, what can you do as a nurse….
William “Barry” Inman, BA-BS, CIC, who works as a liaison between the Department of Health in Florida and the CDC, will share the real case studies of young and middle aged patients who died this flu season. The possibility of inappropriate testing methodologies and delayed treatments with antivirals have been shown to be part of the current problems. This video is packed with the most up-to-date nursing strategies to step in, make a difference and save patient lives!
- Recommend appropriate treatment for patients with Influenza-like Illness.
- Explain the transmission cycle of Influenza to identify patterns to break it.
- Recognize the life-threatening complications of Influenza.
Influenza Types and Subtypes
- Influenza A: H3N2 or H1N1
- Influenza B: Yamagata and Victoria
- Influenza C
Complication of Influenza
- Neurologic manifestations
- Bacterial co-infections
- Droplet vs. airborne
- Aerosol generating procedures
- Direct contact
- Climate (cold-low humidity)
Prevention of Influenza
- Vaccinations (types)
- Droplet precautions
Treatment of Influenza
- Neuraminidase inhibitors
- When to treat
Aspects of Seasonal Influenza 2017-2018
- Increased virulence?
- Affecting “baby boomers”
- Death rates this year
Tag: “Influenza 2018: Nursing Strategies to Save Patient Lives – William Barry Inman” Review. “Influenza 2018: Nursing Strategies to Save Patient Lives – William Barry Inman” download. “Influenza 2018: Nursing Strategies to Save Patient Lives – William Barry Inman” discount.