Gastrointestinal Conditions and Diseases: Assessments & Treatments – Patricia Ryan
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Pancreatic Disorders
- Colon Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
- Lab tests
- Symptom Management
Gastrointestinal tract conditions and diseases affect millions of people of all ages—men, women and children. There are a variety of other illnesses that initially present one way, but then exacerbate into a secondary illness – a GI illness. These conditions and diseases affect the everyday functioning of your patients. Your ability to provide the proper assessment and treatment as soon as possible is vital.
Our speaker, Patricia Ryan, RN, MSN, ANP-BC, will explain evidence-based assessments and treatment strategies for a variety of common and complex gastroenterological conditions. She will review relevant diagnoses, pathophysiology and treatments. Additionally, the lab tests and interpretations associated with the gastrointestinal tract will be discussed.
Nobody will argue the importance of the gastrointestinal system to one’s health. Understanding this vital system of the human body is essential to the successful care of your patients. Through this seminar, you will gain a clear understanding of the interrelatedness of all the organs associated with the GI tract. You will also learn about the interconnectedness of nutrition to the proper care of the GI tract and the health of the patient. Attend this seminar and improve the care you provide to your patients!
- Tonsillar problems in children
- Consequences of untreated strep
- Medication interactions
- Impact on the GI system
- Esophageal Varices
- Swallowing Disorders
- Oropharyngeal dysphagia
- Esophageal dysphagia
- Differentiating serologic versus viral testing
- Current and future treatment options
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Current therapies and OTC therapies
- Medicating vs not medicating
- Complications related to persistent reflux
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Manning Criteria
- Red flags and warning signs
- Complex treatment plan strategies
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Clinical and laboratory features
- Who is at risk?
- Lab test results
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Approaches to care
- Celiac Disease
- Design a treatment plan
- Treatment for minor to severe presentations
- Long term management
Constipation & Diarrhea
- What patients are at risk?
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative colitis symptoms
- Crohn’s disease symptoms
- Difference in treating these two disorders
- Treatment modalities
- Collagenous colitis
- Medical and dietary strategies
- Importance of early diagnosis and proper screening
- Duke Staging
- Once cancer is present, how it stages
- 5 year prognosis
- How, what and why to tell patients
- Complications and long term problems
- Current therapies
Understanding the Lab Test Results
- Liver Function Test
- Easily read labs tests and interpret them
- GGT and ETOH use
- Lab test results don’t match the patient’s clinical appearance?
- Who is at risk?
- What organs does it affect
- Explain the importance of early diagnosis in strep pharyngitis and the consequences of a late diagnosis or non-treatment in the pediatric population.
- List the causes and latest therapy for esophageal varices.
- Summarize the prevalence, transmission, testing and current treatment options for Hepatitis C.
- Describe the lifestyle modifications and medications for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD).
- List the lab tests used to diagnose Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) from other similar GI presentations.
- Define the long term sequelae of IBD and the current recommendations for treatment.
- Identify the importance of differentiating the 2 types of acute pancreatitis and the current pharmacologic therapies recommended as treatment.
- Describe the role of pain management in chronic pancreatitis.
- Differentiate treatment therapies between Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease.
- Utilize the newest therapies for gastroparesis.
- Explain the lab tests needed to differentiate the various GI diseases.
Tag: Gastrointestinal Conditions and Diseases: Assessments & Treatments – Patricia Ryan Review. Gastrointestinal Conditions and Diseases: Assessments & Treatments – Patricia Ryan download. Gastrointestinal Conditions and Diseases: Assessments & Treatments – Patricia Ryan discount.