Diabetes Medications Part 2: Insulins – Laurie Klipfel
Regardless of your setting you are caring for patients with diabetes that are prescribed insulin and as people are living longer, more eventually will need supplemental insulin. Insulin is vital for life, but can be dangerous or even fatal when administered incorrectly. It is vital that health care providers are familiar with optimum insulins, insulin doses and timing for the best outcomes. In this program Laurie Klipfel, RN, MSN, APN-BC, CDE, will provide you with the MUST know information you need to provide the best care to your patients.
- Substantiate the importance of matching insulin need to insulin action.
- Select insulin action curves that match insulin need.
- Evaluate insulin effectiveness and be able to make recommendations for optimal control.
- Function of Insulin
- Goals of Insulin Therapy
- Basal Bolus Administration
- Initial Dosing for Type 1 and Type 2
- Assessing Effectiveness
- Adjusting Doses to Improve Effectiveness
- Insulin Action Curves
- Concentrated Insulin
- Inhaled Insulin
Tag: “Diabetes Medications Part 2: Insulins – Laurie Klipfel” Review. “Diabetes Medications Part 2: Insulins – Laurie Klipfel” download. “Diabetes Medications Part 2: Insulins – Laurie Klipfel” discount.