Autism & Sensory Disorders Cutting-Edge Interventions for Children
Have you ever cut a tag out of a new shirt because it itches your neck? Or tried to have a conversation in a crowded room… it’s hard to hear the person you’re talking to, right?
Imagine having that itchy irritation all over your body or hearing background noise amplified 10 times — children with sensory sensitivity often have overstimulating challenges like this.
We all have a unique makeup of sensory input and now you will discover effective sensory-based protocol that significantly decreases autism symptoms through practical interventions that can be customized for each individual’s needs. Join nationally-renowned expert and author in sensory and modulation, Teresa Garland, MOT, OTR/L, in this revolutionary online course as she shares a multisensory approach to calm sensitivities and satisfy cravings.
Walk away immersed in four different types of interventions:
- Desensitization of sound, textures and taste/smell
- Activities using crafts and games that sooth sensitivities and fulfill cravings
- Story-based exercises for all ages that significantly help with classroom performance
- Cognitive activities to help children reframe their sensory experiences
Plus, you’ll learn these types of strategies first-hand through four in-depth sessions filled with demonstrations! Expand your therapy toolbox with time-tested techniques such as:
- 30+ Activities to Enrich the Senses in Autism
- Sensory Add-Ons for the Classroom, Homework and Therapy
- 4- to 7-minute FUNterval Workouts and Routines for Home or the Classroom
- Hands-on Projects to Keep Children Happily Involved in Pleasant Sensation
- And so much more!
You will leave this course with fun and engaging approaches that keep a child’s interest so you can help improve their sensory and self-regulation skills… and ultimately advance their future!
Learn cutting-edge interventions for satisfying sensory cravings and sensitivities in children (2-16 years) with autism and sensory modulation concerns. You will discover exercises that help children attend to, register and tolerate temperature, touch, sound, vision and vestibular activities. Through videos and demonstrations, you will walk away with dozens of new activities to use with your clients and students to incorporate into the home, school or early intervention classes.
Current Brain Research and SMD Symptoms
- Latest research of sensory processing in the brain
- What we know about oversensitivity, under-sensitivity and craving
A Program to Enrich the Senses in Autism
- Decrease autism symptoms: latest research
- How the program works
- 15 exercises to increase awareness of touch, temperature, vision and movement
- Exercises to increase tolerance of sound and scent
- Grading the exercise (harder/easier)
- Adding in speech, emotion and movement
- Tips you can teach parents/caregivers and teachers
Sensory Desensitization Strategies
- How to play with food – new ideas
- Games for sound desensitization
- A sequence of interventions for touch desensitization
Sensory Immersion Strategies
- Sensory sensitivity: How to find ease with immersion in sensation
- Sensory craving: How to turn cravings into hobbies
- Touch and vision: Yarn, stone, wood, paper and metal crafts and activities
- Sound: Music, games, rhythms
- ‘Wearable’ scent
- Plan and design multi-day multisensory projects
Movement Exercises to Calm and Manage Stress
- 4- and 7-minute high intensity interval training (HIIT)
- FUNterval stories and routines for all ages
- Create your own FUNterval
Wrap-up: Helping the Unhappy Sensory Child
- Finding the child’s inner happy self
- Making the shift from negative to positive outlook
Walk away with step-by-step protocol that significantly decreases autism symptoms and sensory immersion strategies you can begin using immediately. Get started today!
Retail Value of $199 — Included When You Register Today!
Retail Value of $199 — Included When you Register Today!