Advanced Mindfulness: Effective Strategies for Hardwiring Recovery – Debra Premashakti Alvis
- Integrate the latest on neuroscience into your practice
- Hardwire recovery from anxiety and depression
- Promote emotional regulation
- Address anxiety and insomnia with relaxation
Advances in mindfulness and neuroscience have led to revolutionary breakthroughs in the treatment of depression, anxiety, and age related functional declines. Explore these cutting edge discoveries and corresponding mindfulness strategies designed to build depression and anxiety recovery skills in your clients. You will learn how to individualize these strategies, applying them to the treatment of various clinical diagnoses and to diverse populations. Learn why these approaches reduce relapse probability and how to teach relapse prevention skills. Take home specific interventions to promote and sustain client recovery from anxiety, depression, and limiting lifestyle habits.
A portion of the seminar will focus on mindfulness approaches for anger management, forgiveness, gratitude, and effective decision making. Difficulties in these four areas are among the strongest predictors for anxiety and depression and increase the likelihood of relapse. You will learn innovative skills to help your clients manage anger, forgive appropriately, build gratitude and make wise choices.
This recording consists of highly engaging, experiential learning and gives you the tools to immediately incorporate these new interventions into your daily work. With emphasis on clinician self-care, you will end the recording feeling renewed, energized and inspired.
- Incorporate cutting edge neuroscience into psychotherapy.
- Describe how to promote lasting clinical changes.
- Utilize the three steps for hardwiring recovery.
- Identify mindfulness strategies for addressing anxiety, depression and limiting lifestyle habits.
- Demonstrate how to restore the brain when its energy has been depleted.
- Apply a five step approach for increasing clinician compassion.
Get Advanced Mindfulness: Effective Strategies for Hardwiring Recovery of author Debra Premashakti Alvis
Explore Cutting Edge Mindfulness Research
- More effective for depression than CBT
- Enhance the ability to focus
- Decrease rumination
- Hardwire clinical changes
- Hone core mindfulness practices – awareness of body, breath & mind
- Stop the chain reaction
- Grounding practices
- Open the heart
- Return to the true self
- Minimize reactivity
- Visual meditations
Anxiety and Depression: Deepen Skills, Hardwire Recovery
- Self-compassion – kind words towards self and other
- Move through troubling emotions
- Identify healing narratives
- Reset the nervous system after trauma
- Identify false sanctuaries & underlying beliefs
- Overcome conflict and risk avoidance
- Deep Relaxation – addressing anxiety, decreasing insomnia
Build Effective Decision Making Tools
- Guide choices through values clarification
- Choosing and consulting ‘advisors’
- Tap into inner knowledge
- Recognize impatience – enhance mind/ body awareness
- Support patience through contemplative practices
- Establish and honor limits
Cool the Flames of Anger
- Simple gestures for working with anger
- Develop awareness of underlying emotions
- Step out of the trance of anger – telling a new story
- Mindful walking for working with intense energy
- Ask for help
Forgiveness of Self and Others
- Understand forgiveness
- Forgiveness as a process
- Gain clarity – assign responsibility
- Tools for developing compassion
- Jump start the aging brain
- Overcome the fear of aging
- Enjoy the elder years
- Prepare for death through mindfulness
Mindfulness Strategies for Therapists
- Integrate role and soul
- Enhance therapeutic presence
- Buffering from burnout
- Increase compassion towards clients