Advanced Mindfulness Based Interventions for Children and Teens Interventions for ADHD, Anxiety, Trauma, Emotional Regulation and More
Today’s fast-paced, connected, and highly charged world is placing unprecedented stress and pressure on kids and teens.
Youth need effective skills to cope with the increasingly demanding lifestyle, combat the symptoms, and establish mindful and compassionate living — to last a lifetime.
Join one of the world’s leading experts on mindfulness techniques for youth and teens, Dr. Christopher Willard, PsyD, for a groundbreaking, intensive online course on mindfulness interventions for treating kids and teens.
This course will add depth to your mindfulness practice and empower you with the tools to share and adapt mindfulness for youth in practical and engaging ways.
You’ll learn strategies and techniques that will improve social-emotional resilience and executive function, proven interventions for ADHD and emotional regulation, and powerful clinical skills to heal trauma and anxiety.
When you finish this course, you’ll be re-energized and fully prepared to advance your practice and improve the overall health, well-being and happiness of today’s youth.
- Mindfulness and neuroscience of healthy brain development
- The simple science of how mindfulness keeps depression, PTSD, anxiety and aggression at bay
- Playful and practical exercises to explore the mind-body connection
- How to use the breath as a “remote control” for our minds, bodies and emotions
- Why mindfulness will make you a better and happier therapist, teacher, parent and person
- Presence, countertransference, and decision-making techniques to sharpen your clinical intuition
- Self-compassion, appreciation, and relaxation exercises to avoid burnout
- Focusing practices to keep your mind alert, awake and alive
- Contemplative techniques to keep calm, connected and creative in your sessions
- Why mindfulness, why now?
- Accessible analogies to explain what mindfulness is and isn’t
- How to help kids and families slow down, sit still and single-task
- Dealing with doubt: whether it’s your own, your colleagues, or the kids’ doubt
- Help kids integrate their mind and body to maximize health, mental health, and learning
- Make mindful movement and walking fun, funny, and engaging!
- Mindful eating — Real-world ideas and insights beyond the raisins for anxiety, depression, ADHD, impulse control and more
- Simplifying neuroscience for kids to empower brain and behavior change
- Mindfulness, mental health and learning. The state of the research.
- Mind-body meditations to rewire young brains for resilience
- Practical and effective ideas that will generate buy-in from kids
- Tips from the masters that will build your confidence when teaching mindfulness
- How to make mindfulness fun and accessible even to stressed, anxious, depressed and distracted kids
- Comfortably adapt mindfulness to all kinds of minds, bodies and backgrounds
- Empower kids to recognize and work with emotions and impulses
- Effectively integrate mindfulness into many modalities of therapy including DBT, ACT, CBT and play
- Explore and practice powerful tools for depression, trauma, anxiety, ADHD, addiction and more
- Create a clear mindfulness based treatment plan for therapy
- Bring mindfulness to games for kids who struggle with attention
- Create your own visualizations with kids
- Make the virtual virtuous with mindful uses of technology
- The more the merrier (or mindful-er?): Small group and partner practices
- A roadmap for breaking through resistance
- Strategies for finding time in busy lives for mindfulness practice and self-compassion
- Inspiring and time-tested ideas for creating a mindful and compassionate workplace, school, or family