7 Practices to Greatly Improve Your Brain – Jonathan Jordan
Join neuroscience expert and author, Jonathan Jordan, MSW, LCSW, and discover 7 highly effective brain-based practices to ensure your brain remains healthy and operates with improved memory, reduced feelings of stress, increased cognitive reserve, and overall improved neurological functioning. Drawing on groundbreaking neuroscience research and 29 years of training clients, Mr. Jordan will teach you these simple evidence-based practices that you will be able to immediately apply and teach your clients.
- Brain-friendly approaches to address anxiety, anger, depression, Alzheimer’s, and other disorders
- Key neurological motivators to accelerate behavioral changes
- Evidence-based techniques to reduce the risk of dementia and other brain-destroying disorders
- Help your brain remain healthy and operate with improved neurological functioning for the rest of your life
- Discover how to improve your memory as you age
- Foods that boost your brain’s functioning
- Simple movements that elevate your mood and reduce depression
- Why being sleep-deprived is as dangerous as being drunk
- Increase your cognitive reserves to fend off or delay dementia
- Why attitude changes everything, especially your brain
- How laughter causes the brain to reduce stress and improve mental well-being
- Articulate the difference between neuroplasticity and neurogenesis as it relates treatment.
- Implement “brain-based” approaches to address anxiety, anger, depression, Alzheimer’s, and other disorders.
- Determine the key neurological motivators that accelerate behavioral changes in clients.
- Integrate evidence-based techniques to manage symptoms of dementia and improve client functioning.
- Two Primitive Brain Circuits that Dramatically Change Our Lives
- Practice 1: Have a Nutritious, Brain-Friendly Diet
- Practice 2: Do Multi-Sense, Don’t Multi-Task
- Practice 3: Move More
- Practice 4: Be Socially Active
- Practice 5: Sleep Well, and Long Enough
- Practice 6: Challenge Yourself Mentally
- Practice 7: Have an Optimistic, Grateful, and Flexible Attitude