Kids in the Crossfire of Divorced and Blended Families: Interventions for Anxious, Depressed and Oppositional Children – Steve O’Brien | Instant Download !
Children caught in the crossfire of divorce and those struggling with a new blended family frequently exhibit emotional and behavioral difficulties.
Children’s challenges may become exponential when divorce-related conflict is chronic and/or when parents’ new relationships lead to cohabitation or remarriage.
Kids end up stuck in the middle, taking on the role of fixer or therapist. Negative talk about each parent fuels blame games and regression while reunion fantasies persist.
Watch child-family psychologist, Dr. Steve O’Brien, who will provide you with a practical treatment approach for children struggling with anxiety, depression, and oppositional behavior secondary to divorced and blended family stressors.
Treatment techniques will include:
- Rapport-building and interview methods for children in divorce and blended family environments
- Distress-management skills for children facing the stress of family conflict and transition
- Strategies to improve co-parenting and to help blended families better integrate
- Family-focused art, play, and game therapy techniques
- Developmentally-tailored cognitive-behavioral interventions
- Effective treatments for family-related anxiety, depression, and oppositional behavior
- Practical tactics for teachers to assist distressed children in the classroom
Upon watching this recording, you will walk away with multiple clinical tools and leave feeling empowered to take on the challenges of helping children struggling with highly stressful family transitions.